Why choose us
In addition to providing a lovely, homely atmosphere for our residents, we also offer many other amenities and activities.
The aim of the management and staff is to give attention to detail where residents can choose how they live their life. The philosophy of the home is to offer highly professional care with a personal touch in a secure, relaxed and homely environment.
1. Our Beautiful Home
Tudor House is well established in the Kings Norton area. Easy access by public transport. On the direct 35 and 18 bus route and the nearest station being Kings Norton.
Tudor House has been a Residential Home for over 20 years.
The building consists of 2 Double Rooms and 18 single.
We have a welcoming lounge which provides comfort and that homely feeling. Tudor House has that home from home feeling, this is often expressed by family and friends.
The dining room is used by most of the residents who have had involvement in the personal touches. Home cooked meals are part of the care received a Tudor House, these also meet special dietary.
Our rear garden is user friendly, having hand rails, large seating areas and lawned areas. We also have large Gazebo’s that we put up in the warmer weather. We regularly have outside entertainment such a BBQ’s, Summer Fete, Family Garden Party, Afternoon Tea Parties and Individual Birthday Parties.
Tudor House takes pride in providing activities for all residents. This includes taking residents to a weekly dementia choir, day centre activities, and monthly lunches at the local Baptist Church and regular outings to local cafes. Visitors are often impressed with the out in the community services that Tudor House get their residents involved in. Residents are encouraged to express their personal views on the day to day care and living. This can been seen by open audit results displayed around the home.
2. Individual Personal Care
- After your initial assessment, senior staff discuss with you your needs and preferences.
- This information will be used to create your plan of care, which is regularly reassessed to make sure that your needs are being met and you’re receiving the best possible care and attention.
3. Community Involvement and Activities
- We go to great lengths to provide exciting and mentally-stimulating activities for our residents on a regular basis. We organise a variety of day trips as well as other events around the community.
- We also cater to all cultural & religious beliefs and are happy to take residents to services in the local community.
- We feel that it’s essential to make sure that residents are mentally stimulated and have things to look forward to.